New episode before I take off for Chicago this week. U-20s, Algarve Cup and domestic leagues are discussed. Shownotes are below le jump.
- Is Canada going to be a second half team?
- Where did these kids come from?
- Do we care?
- Mexico: lots of energy
- Will the experience pay off for them this year?
- How much is that backline missing Alina Garciamendez?
- Two different US teams: the super boring one and the fun to watch one
- Size vs speed
- Swanson’s subbing (OMG)
- Ohai, Brian, and Stengel out – which says a lot
- What we learned vs Guatemala
- Post-game interviews mention nerves and needing to get better
- Better better better (okay, Horan)
- 5-0 against Denmark; 2-1 against Norway
- Halftime changes, at least, but it’s not like these people need experience.
- What can we know from <5 minute clips? Nothing!
- We can know things from the rosters, like no one will ever get a legit chance.
- GREG RYAN did better at calling up un-capped players
- Granted, it is the Olympics.
- US Soccer likes to pretend the U-23s don’t exist, vs…
- Notre Dame isn’t afraid to step up in the information dept, thank you Irish
- Waldrum blogs and tweets
- ND team/SID twitter accounts report too
- National team “signings” reflect different attitude about playing
- Egos to Sounders (Morgan, Solo, Leroux)
- Chalupny to Chicago
- A bunch of people to Boston
- Sauerbrunn rumored to DCU Women